Do you need a Boiler Service in Maidstone?
Boiler Servicing In Maidstone.
Is your boiler due for it’s annual service and you live in or around Maidstone?
Then KMC Gas is your local Central Heating engineer to carry out the task. When you book a boiler service through us you will get a Gas Registered engineer (Kevin), 17 years of experience and a 20 point functionality and safety inspection.
A Boiler Service carried out in Maidstone by KMC Gas is not only very thorough, but, also extremely reasonably priced. Why not give us a call to find out how much your Maidstone Boiler Service will cost.
What can happen if I don’t get my Maidstone Boiler Serviced?
- Build up of combustion deposits in the main heat exchanger creating less efficient combustion and therefore less heat being transferred to the water .
- The condense trap can block up if not cleaned annually resulting in a flame failure lockout.
- The expansion vessel can lose it’s charge resulting in the central heating pressure rising when the heating is on, then dropping to fault when off.
- Minor issues like a small leak inside the boiler can rust through the case, resulting in almost all cases a new boiler being required.
- Several Manufacturers have released safety updates for parts that, if the original ones are left for several years can become dangerous and a Fire hazard. These Boiler Manufacturers include Worcester, Baxi, Ideal and Vaillant.
- A condense trap can dry out, resulting in fumes entering the property.
- On older boilers the thermocouple condition can be assessed during a Boiler Service and replaced if necessary, if left too long a thermocouple will cause the pilot light to repeatedly go out.
How often should you have a Boiler Service in Maidstone?
Every single Boiler Manufacturer recommends that their boilers are serviced annually.
This is also essential when you have a new boiler and it is still in it’s warranty period, failure to get your Maidstone Boiler Service will unequivocally mean the Boiler Manufacturer will cancel the warranty, and for good reason. It would be unfair to expect them to repair a boiler which has been neglected and a relatively minor issue which could have been picked up early on can result in a new boiler being required.
Arrange Your Boiler Service in Maidstone Today
What Does a Boiler Service in Maidstone from KMC Gas involve?
- Check that your boiler is operating correctly.
- Check the the installation complies with current safety standards.
- Check the appliance controls and adjust if necessary.
- Inspect the Boiler’s flue terminal and route.
- Check the boiler’s themrocouple condition.
- Inspect the Gas Meter for the correct labelling and sealing of the gas pipe.
- Carry out a gas meter ECV let-by test.
- Carry out A gas soundness test on the whole installation.
- Increase gas pressure to check meter lockout point.
- Inspect the visible parts of the gas pipe to the appliance.
- Check the Boiler’s emissions and combustion using a Flue Gas Analyser.
- If required strip down and clean the heat exchanger (depending on combustion results).
- Check the Boiler gas rate is correct (the amount of gas it is consuming)
- Check the boiler burner pressure is correct.
- Inspect the Hot Water Cylinder for leaks.
- Fire up the central heating to and check the radiators warm up, bleed if neccesary.
- Watch boiler pressure whilst the heating is on to indicate the expansion vessel charge level. Re-pressurise if neccesary.
- Check and clean Magnetic filter if applicable.
- Advise on most suitable way to operate the boiler for the system.
- Fill out the Benchmark sectiuon of the boiler manual recording the Boiler Service history.