KMC Gas Coronavirus Policy
At KMC Gas my number one priority is to prevent the spread of Coronarvirus.
The HSE has advised that Gas Engineers should continue to carry out Gas Safety Inspections and Boiler Services as Gas Safety is considered an essential service, so our policy is taken from their advice:
1) If you book KMC Gas, I ask that you try to adhere to the 2m rule where possible, including when answering the door and being in another room whilst the work is carried out.
2) Please check the radiators before a service as this will not be done on the visit, unless a problem radiator has been pointed out. I will be minimising travel through your property, so may ask for you to turn on the heating from the timer or thermostat.
3) If you or anyone you have been in contact with shows symptoms before or after my visit please inform me promptly.
4) Due to the nature of working in different peoples homes, I am taking the risk of cross contamination very seriously so during my visit I will be constantly disinfecting my tools and surfaces I touch. I would also ask that you also do this both before and after my visit (door knobs, heating timer & thermostat etc). I will be wearing gloves for each property.
5) None of my visits are set in stone, so if you have a booking please don’t assume I won’t have to postpone for a week regardless of how close it is to that visit. Any exposure to someone with symptoms of the virus and I will have no choice but to postpone all work for 7 days so please be understanding.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully if we all do our bit this will come to an end just that bit quicker.